It's time to open up the possibilities and over 8,000 square feet of lead climbing terrain! There's an entire gym available to you. Learn to lead climb and expand beyond the top ropes. This three-hour clinic will teach you to lead climb and lead belay indoors. If you're new to the sport of climbing, this is the next step in making the most of your membership. Spend three (3) hours with one of our instructors to add this whole new facet to your climbing repertoire.
What to Expect:
- Three (3) hours of Lead Climbing Instruction.
- A 2:1 climber to instructor ratio with an AMGA certified Single Pitch Instructor.
- Open up 8,000 Square Feet of Lead Climbing terrain.
What You'll Learn
- Which kind of gear is right for you and your climbing goals.
- How to use and maintain your climbing gear.
- How to tie into your rope using the figure eight follow through knot.
- Multiple methods for clipping quickdraws.
- General lead climbing techniques for improved performance and risk management.
- Lead belaying techniques.
- Appropriate methods of communication.
- Rope management skills.